Copyright (c) 2011 Karabo Nthethe
Building a successful home based Internet business, should not be too complicated. There are four basic steps that one can take to build a successful home based business like affiliate marketing. These basic steps are given in this article.
The first step is to create your own website. Although you can have a home based internet business without a website, you should consider having your own website. You may utilize affiliate website, but it is advisable to have your own website, so that you can exercise full control over your business. To create your own website, you need to register a domain name for your website. Once you have a domain name, you need to host your website with one of the reliable hosting companies. You can then edit you website to be unique and presentable in any way you want, and then add affiliate products.
The second step is to promote your website and your affiliate products. This can be done in a number of ways. Here, is a list of actions to promote your website.
1. Customize your website keywords to get your site ranked high in search engines like Google. This will drive free traffic to your site for possible purchases.
2. Get high-quality Backlinks from websites with high-PR rankings. The more links pointing to your site, the more chances that Google will recognize your site and rank it high.
3. Install a site map to your site for your web pages to be found and ranked by search engines.
4. Set up your Google webmaster account and submit your site map to monitor and improve your site rankings
5. Add high quality original content to your site, to provide useful information to the readers and sell your affiliate products. Adding original content to your site also improves your ranking in search engines.
7. Advertise your website freely by participating in forums for your niche market.
The third step is to build your own list of email subscribers. This is a list of email contacts that have subscribed to either your newsletter or course and have given you permission to contact them by email. Why do you need your own opt-in subscriber list? You can contact your list at any time and send them offers of affiliate products you are promoting. In order to build your list, you must have the following 3 things in place and set up.
1. You need an auto responder to keep track of your subscribers, send out e-mails/ezines/newsletters and manage all your email campaigns.
2. An opt-in box in your website/affiliate website/lead capture page to capture minimum information such as name and email address of prospects. This also allows you to get permission from prospects to contact and communicate with them.
3. Advertise your lead capture page/website/affiliate website. Depending on your circumstances, you may purchase high-quality leads from services that sell them. These leads are people that will respond to an ad you setup, and be added to your email list directly.
The fourth step is to build a relationship with your list and then sell them your products. You need to set up a number of follow up newsletters in your auto responder and keep in touch with your list. As long as your list is alive, and you have a relationship with them, you can promote your products at any time, and some will in time respond positively.
Follow these four steps and watch your home based internet business take off.
Karabo Nthethe owns http://www.PersonalFinancialDevelopment.com where popular home based business ideas and opportunities are tested rigorously to find out what works and what doesn’t. Visit today for more info or check out the site’s #1 home business at http://www.breakfinancialbondage.com